Sunday, May 8, 2011

Brain aneurysms....

Today when I was checking out at Walmart, The guy commented on the gift I got my Mom for Mothers day, one of those things you put in the shower and slide your foot in it to wash your feet instead of bending down.  I said she has had alot of surgery and can't bend... and that when you have almost any surgery you can't bend, I then told him I had Brain Surgery 6 months ago for a brain aneurysm, and couldn't believe how hard it is to avoid bending. He said he new all to well about aneurysms... his mom died 20 years ago from a brain aneurysm. He was so happy to hear I had such a good outcome, so many people have stories like that. And total strangers are in awe that I'm doing so well. I had a lady at Kmart call me a walking miracle... it was 2 weeks after my surgery.  It's very touching to get those reactions from strangers.

1 comment:

Aubree Morgan said...

Hi Granny,
I was wandering around on the internet looking for positive brain aneurysm stories and I came across yours.
I currently have two aneurysms. The first is scheduled to be coiled on 9-18 and they will clip the other in two weeks. I am nervous but confident all will be a success.
Thank you for sharing your story and experience. You are an inspiration for me!
Most Sincerely,
Charlene from Yorba Linda California